Rick Ross' new album Rather You Than Me is finally out, and the veteran rapper took no time getting stuff off his chest on the 14-song project. On the opening cut, "Apple of My Eye," Rozay brings up the topic of Meek Mill and Nicki Minaj and raps, "I told Meek I wouldn't trust Nicki/Instead of beefing with your dog you just give him some distance."
Interestingly enough, Meek referenced the lyric in an Instagram post from a week ago:
"Rozay been told me don't trust you," he wrote alongside promoting Ross' new album. It's still unclear why Meek and Nicki broke up, though the usual rumors have surfaced. Of course, following the split Nicki linked back up with fellow Young Money members Drake and Lil Wayne and also recorded a few songs with them. Her recent solo track "Regret in Your Tears" also appears to be about the Meek breakup.
For his part, Meek has kept a pretty low profile and explained on Instagram that he's avoided interviews for a reason. "My life has been a big topic in this industry for a min now," he wrote. "It's almost scary for me to do a interview because I don't know how to lie unless I have to." Earlier this week, Meek was charged with assault after an altercation at an airport.
You can listen to "Apple of My Eye" below and grab Rick Ross' Rather You Than Me on iTunes.
- People Think Nicki Minaj's "Regret in Your Tears" Is About Meek Mill
- The Complete Timeline of Meek Mill and Nicki Minaj's Relationship
- Rick Ross Takes Shots at Birdman on "Idols Become Rivals"
More from Complex
- Twitter Went Ballistic When They Heard the Flute on Drake's "Portland"
- Stream Drake's 'More Life' Playlist
- Has Drake Been Missing From Toronto Raptors Games? Other Fans Think So
- Legendary Musician Chuck Berry Dead at 90
- Lil Wayne and Kehlani Remix Khalid’s “Location”