Rhymefest took to Instagram Friday to announce that he has purchased Kanye West's childhood home that he grew up in Chicago. The hip-hop artist is also the Creative Director of Kanye West's Donda's House program and will turn 'Ye's home into the newest location.
"I'm excited to announce the purchase of Kanye's childhood home as a community Arts incubator," Rhymefest told his followers on Instagram before confirming he will be turning it into a new essential spot for Donda's House. "It will be the first of our Nationwide Lite-Houses. A state of the art recording studio, a curriculum space for @dondashouse and southside music museam."
"We want to show bright spots in communities thatve been divested from, we know more Lights exist here, they just need to be activated," Rhymefest added of his hopes for the new space. Of course, you can also help Rhymefest in his quest to help the community by donating your own money. "Please click the link in my bio & Donate to DondasHouse, support our efforts to support our youth. #givingtuesday"
Donda's House program was co-founded by West and launched back in 2013 in honor of West's late mother, Donda, as a way to provide essential training and education in the arts to the Chicago youth. The methods are based on Dr. Donda West's own research and career who believed that arts instruction "improves a child's analytical and creative capacity." You can read all about Donda's House right here and donate to the program through Rhymefest's link.
- Kanye West Recently Made a Record Donation to Donda's House
- Rhymefest to Lead Vigil in Remembrance of Those Who Lost Their Lives to Gun Violence
- Rhymefest Claims Kanye West's "Mind and Spirit Isn't Right"
More from Complex
- Jill Stein Files for Wisconsin Recount as Fundraising Surpasses $5 Million (UPDATE)
- Gucci Mane and Yung Lean Are the Special Guests on Episode 6 of .Wav Radio
- Trump Supporter Calls Passengers 'Hillary B*tches' During Bizarre Rant on Delta Flight
- Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert Nearly Peaced Out on Comedy Central Back in 2012
- Darius Miles to Sell His Autographed LeBron James Jersey At Bankruptcy Auction