Can you believe it’s been 20 years since The Notorious B.I.G. died? We can’t, and neither can most of the other rap fans out there. It feels like Biggie was just here leading the charge for Bad Boy Records and establishing himself as one of the best rappers of all time. And yet, here we are on the 20th anniversary of his death still trying to make sense of it all.
There is no shortage of Biggie #content on the internet today (go here to read about how hip-hop would be different today if Biggie were still alive and here to read about Biggie’s legendary funeral procession). But if you really want to get a good feel for how strong Biggie’s legacy is, then look no further than the outpouring of support he has received on social media. Fans have been posting their favorite Biggie lyrics and songs, and as a result, #RIPBIG, #BiggieSmalls, and other Biggie-related hashtags have been trending all day long.
Many of Biggie’s fellow artists have also been sharing tributes to him over the course of the day. From rappers who were around back when B.I.G. was first doing his thing to artists who were too young to work with Biggie back he was still around, they’re all showing him the ultimate respect on social media. Just check out what some of them have had to say about Biggie on the 20th anniversary of his death:
Biggie Smalls is the illest!— Shyne (@OriginalShyne) March 9, 2017
Long live the King of New York......
I wrote puffs verse on… https://t.co/pouQBt2iH7
- Life After Death: Remembering the Notorious B.I.G.'s Legendary Funeral Procession
- How Hip-Hop Would Be Different If Biggie Were Still Alive
- 10 Reasons Biggie Is Better Than Tupac
More from Complex
- "Complex Live" Celebrates The Notorious B.I.G.’s Legacy and Is Joined In-Studio by Khalid
- Zikomo Puts A Funky Spin On The Weeknd’s “I Feel It Coming”
- Judge Who Asked Woman in Rape Trial Why She Couldn't Keep Her Knees Together Quits
- Pigeons & Planes' Best Songs of the Week
- Bout To Blow: 10 Dope New Songs You Should Be Hearing Everywhere