It was in 2015 when Playboi Carti landed on our radar with his viral hit “Broke Boi.” Since then, the Atlanta rapper has released a number of loosies in addition to landing guest appearances; however, his fans have spent the last couple of years patiently awaiting his first full-length project.
Thankfully for them, the wait is finally over.
On Thursday night, Carti officially released his self-titled debut mixtape—a project on which he purposely took his time, as he did not want to disappoint his following.
“I feel like niggas really be on my shit,” he told XXL earlier this year. “That’s why I’m picky about what I put on my SoundCloud. That’s why I’m taking time with my [first] mixtape. I'm going crazy. If you look on my tracks, bro, it shows you my progression.”
The 15-track project includes production by Southside, Pierre Bourne, and Harry Fraud, with guest appearances by ASAP Rocky (“New Choppa”), Lil Uzi Vert (“Lookin” and “wokeuplikethis”), and Leven Kali (“Flex”).
You can purchase and stream the full mixtape on iTunes and Apple Music.
- Playboi Carti Drops 2 New Tracks With Lil Uzi Vert
- Watch Migos, Lil Uzi Vert, Playboi Carti, Metro Boomin, and 21 Savage Perform 'Bad and Boujee'
- Listen to ASAP Mob's "Telephone Calls" f/ A$AP Rocky, Tyler, the Creator, Playboi Carti, and Yung Gleesh
- Playboi Carti Has Reportedly Signed to Interscope Records
More from Complex
- 'Chappelle's Show' Wouldn't Have Been Nearly as Amazing Without Charlie Murphy
- LeBron James Covertly Wore His Next Nikes at Practice
- 'Damn' Cements Kendrick's Status as One of Rap's Greatest MCs
- Marshawn Lynch Returns to NFL, Agrees to Terms With Raiders (UPDATE)
- Apple Is Ready to Shake Up the Self-Driving Car Industry