Anyone who’s seen the first few minutes of Speed understands the fear of getting trapped inside an elevator. Though these are rare incidents that are usually resolved without major issues, they can be scary AF and induce everything from mild nervousness to a full-blown panic; however, when Pharrell recently found himself in this situation, he reportedly kept his cool the entire time. He even got to listen to one of his biggest and most uplifting hits as he waited to be rescued.
“Ironically, [his song] ‘Happy’ was playing on the sound system. He was with his security team and about 12 other people,” a source told Page Six. “He kept calm and collected until the fire department arrived. They never got the door fully open, so everyone had to climb though the door to get out.”
The incident occurred as Pharrell was on his way to the premiere of his new Netflix animated series True and the Rainbow Kingdom. After being stuck on the elevator for nearly half an hour, he made it to the event seemingly unfazed.
“Well, we were stuck in the elevator,” he told the crowd at the Grove in Los Angeles, “but now I’m here. It was hot in there!”
- How Pharrell Reinvented Himself As a Soundtrack King
- Listen: Pharrell "Happy"
- Jokes Fly When Ben Carson Gets Stuck in an Elevator
- Selena Gomez Live-Tweeted Getting Stuck in an Elevator in Paris
More from Complex
- Charlottesville Braces for White Nationalist Rally With National Guard Presence
- UFC President Dana White Posts Video of Conor McGregor Knocking Down Paul Malignaggi in the Ring
- Drake and Future Named in $25 Million Lawsuit by Woman Allegedly Raped During the Summer Sixteen Tour
- Up Close With Amber Rose's 'Muva Fuka' Reebok Sneakers
- Torch-Wielding White Nationalists March on UVA Campus