Nicki Minaj has been on a roll as of late and it doesn't sound like she's slowing down as the Queens MC links up with fellow Young Money rapper Lil Wayne on David Guetta's new single "Light My Body Up."
If you're a fan of Guetta, you know he's got a solid track record with Nicki when it comes to pop singles. "Where Them Girls At," "Turn Me On," and "Hey Mama" all reached the top 20 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and have gone platinum and more in the sales department. "Light My Body Up" will likely follow suit as a club staple. It doesn't hurt that it features two of the biggest rap stars out.
What's more, it sounds like "Light My Body Up" may double as an opportunity for Nicki to get some more digs in on Remy Ma. "Yo, I just started my sentence like a capital letter/Got bars for years, I hope you send me a letter/Know she'll never be queen, so now she got a vendetta/I ain't talkin' 'bout David when I say I'ma Guetta," she raps at the beginning of the track. Her reference to "sentence" and "bars for years" could likely be about Remy's time in prison.
Later, she raps, "Twenty mil' on my off, season of course/Twenty million when you ain't put out no album or tours." Digging into those rhymes, it does sound like Nicki boasting about her commercial success, an area Remy has lacked in.
If the above is true, then Nicki is really putting the pressure on Remy to response. For now, check out the lyric video for "Light My Body Up" above and grab the single on iTunes.
- Nicki Minaj Surpasses Aretha Franklin for the Most Hot 100 Hits by a Female Artist
- Nicki Minaj Drops Three New Singles
More from Complex
- Jay Z Is Making a Docuseries and Movie About Trayvon Martin
- "Your Idols Become Your Rivals": Understanding Drake and Kanye's Relationship
- Don't Believe the Hype: Drake's 'More Life'
- Exclusive: Adidas Has a Surprise Boost Release and Restock Tomorrow
- The Best Mob Movies Since 'The Godfather'