The official video for Jason Derulo’s track, “Swalla,” featuring Nicki Minaj (and her crazy visor that she's lately been sporting on Instagram) and Ty Dolla Sign, has dropped after the track was released late in February. The song follows the typical Derulo formula of an infectious beat paired with a catchy chorus and lots of dancing.
Minaj has the final and most notable verse (starting at 2:25 in the video). Her closing bars have drawn attention, as they were interpreted as a shot at Remy Ma. The two are longtime adversaries, and their beef has really flared up this year.
“I gave these bitches two years, now your time's up,” Minaj raps on Derulo's track. “Bless her heart, she throwing shots but every line sucks.”
“Swalla” (and Nicki's Gucci Mane collab "Make Love," released at the same time), of course, resulted in Remy releasing “shETHER.” This has led to a war of back-and-forth diss tracks that includes Nicki's "No Frauds" featuring Drake and Lil Wayne.
Who would have thought a Jason Derulo track would launch the biggest beef in hip-hop?
- Nicki Minaj Posts Messages of Support From Famous Friends Following Release of "No Frauds"
- Nicki Minaj Vs. Remy Ma Tells Us Exactly What We Already Knew About Both Artists
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out Trey Songz for His Response to "ShETHER," Claims He Should Be Saying 'It's Not True'
More from Complex
- Kim Kardashian Breaks Her Silence About Her Terrifying Robbery in Paris
- Karl Malone Blasts Cavaliers for Resting LeBron James, Kyrie Irving, and Kevin Love
- High School Basketball Referee Shuts Down Gym With Windmill Dunk
- Check Out the Full Credits for Drake 'More Life' Album
- A California Waiter Refused to Serve Four Latina Women Until They Showed 'Proof of Residency'