Everyone looks forward to Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings. And then, by Saturday, everybody is sick of Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings. Gag me with a turkey sandwich, right?
The key to leftovers is making them feel like a different meal with a new texture and flavor profile for each.
Give leftover stuffing a crunchy panko crust — inside these yummy croquettes is a tender piece of turkey!
Turn butter into a whole new condiment by adding a few spoonfuls of leftover cranberry sauce. And transform those mashed potatoes into potato pancakes.
Here is everything you need to know. And the really good news is, none takes more than a few minutes.
- Bite-sized pieces of turkey
- Stuffing (If it’s dry, add some melted butter to it.)
- Canola oil
- Flour for dredging
- 3 eggs whisked for egg wash
- Leftover gravy
- Heat canola oil — about 2 inches in depth — in a wide-rimmed skillet or Dutch oven using medium-high heat.
- Roll stuffing into golf-ball sized orbs.
- Press a bite-sized piece of turkey into the middle of each stuffing ball.
- Dredge balls in flour, then egg wash, then panko.
- Put croquettes in the hot oil and brown on all sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with hot gravy.
Cheesy, savory potato pancakes
- 3 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Handful of chives or scallions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Sour cream for garnish
- Fold egg, cheese and chives into the leftover mashed potatoes and mix to combine evenly.
- Heat canola oil and butter in a skillet.
- Form potato and cheese mixture into pancakes.
- Put into the hot skillet and fry until browned on both sides.
- Serve with sour cream.
- 1 stick softened butter
- 2-3 tablespoons of leftover cranberry sauce
- Whip cranberry sauce into butter until smooth. Voila!
Now it’s time for you to share your favorite leftovers recipes, either in the comments below or on our Facebook page!
This article was originally published on MoneyTalksNews.com as '3 Delicious Ways to Use Your Thanksgiving Leftovers'.