Migos' recent run of success has also been marred in controversy. In the same week the ATL trio nabbed their first No. 1 album in Culture, they gave an interview to Rolling Stone where they seemingly railed against supporters of Makonnen, a fellow Atlanta artist who came out as gay in January. A follow-up apology took place, but that took a backseat to Quavo later declaring he wasn't homophobic because, "I got a record with Frank Ocean. That closes my case." Hmm.
In a new interview with TMZ, Migos said their initial words were twisted and blown out of proportion. "The way they did it, that wasn't real," Quavo said, referring to those who turned their comments into something negative.
"We make great music together. I done made music with Makonnen, Frank Ocean. We all make great music. That's it," he added. Shades of his response to Billboard.
The paparazzo then asked the group if they would perform at a gay club, which received an immediate response from Offset: "Nah. Salute everybody who choose their route, I just ain't gon' do that."
Quavo seemed more open to the idea. "If the club paying the same what they paying for the Migos to perform, I'll pull up."
Last week, Makonnen addressed their controversial comments in an interview with Fader. "Y'all gots to do y'all. I'm gon' always do me. I got no animosity towards y'all," he said, though he also claimed they had to 'save face' by sharing an apology after their initial words.
If there was play-by-play breakdown of this saga, it would probably go like this: Migos made some less than positive comments, and while their words may have been twisted, continuing to address the situation hasn't exactly helped.
- Migos Rails Against Supporters of Makonnen Coming Out: 'The World Is F*cked Up. This World Is Not Right' (UPDATE)
- Quavo Addresses Makonnen Comments: 'I Got a Record With Frank Ocean. That Closes My Case.'
- Makonnen Addresses Migos Controversy, Claims Drake Threatened to Jump Him
More from Complex
- Who Should Play El Chapo in a Movie Directed by Michael Bay?
- Forest Swords Announces New Album, Shares Gorgeous "Arms Out" Video
- This Cristiano Ronaldo Statue Is Giving Everyone on the Internet Nightmares
- Everyone Likes Drake and I Have No Idea Why
- Joey Badass and Schoolboy Q Connect for New Banger "Rockabye Baby"