Madonna strikes a pose for the February cover of Harper’s Bazaar. During the cover-story interview, the Queen of Pop unleashed her feelings.
Yahoo Celebrity put together some of her best quotes from the 150th anniversary issue.
- Madonna explained her controversial work as an artist. She said, “I like to be provocative. I like to make people think. I like to touch people’s hearts. And if I can do all three of those things in one fell swoop, then I feel like I’ve really accomplished something.”
- Despite the glitz and glamour, the superstar has always felt oppressed. She said, “I’ve had the s*** kicked out of me for my entire life, and a large part of that is because I’m female and also because I refuse to live a conventional life. I’ve created a very unconventional family. I have lovers who are three decades younger than me.”
- On election night, Madonna prayed. She admitted Donald Trump being elected has left her feeling lost. She said, “I wake up every morning and it’s like when you break up with somebody who has really broken your heart.” She added, “It’s not a bad dream. It really happened. It’s like being dumped by a lover and also being stuck in a nightmare.”
- If there’s one question she despises, it’s when she’s quitting. She said, “I’ll stop doing everything that I do when I don’t want to do it anymore. I’ll stop when I run out of ideas. I’ll stop when you f***ing kill me.”
- And even after 30-plus years in the business, nothing is stopping her. She said, “I keep telling Amy Schumer and Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock that I’m going to do standup, and they’d better watch out. I’m coming. I’m coming right behind them.”
Why did Rebecca Ferguson pull out of Trump’s inauguration ceremony?