Lorde continues the rollout for her new album Melodrama with her second song release in as many weeks in "Liability." The record takes a different direction from "Green Light," which captured a more contemporary pop sound that should bode well for the Billboard charts. The ballad approach on "Liability" could equally turn into chart success, with Lorde pouring her heart out over a piano-laden backdrop.
i wanted you to have a new song from Melodrama, a new chapter of the story - this is Liability 🌌 https://t.co/YeJ1aeAefA— Lorde (@lorde) March 9, 2017
Along with the song release, Lorde revealed Melodrama will be released on June 16. The U.S. iTunes release date is listed as June 30, though that seems to be a glitch. So yeah, June 16 is the date.
Check out Lorde's new song "Liability above. She'll be the guest performer on Saturday Night Live this weekend.
More from Complex
- Judge Who Asked Woman in Rape Trial Why She Couldn't Keep Her Knees Together Quits
- Pigeons & Planes' Best Songs of the Week
- Bout To Blow: 10 Dope New Songs You Should Be Hearing Everywhere
- Ciara Reportedly Involved in Car Crash in L.A.
- Jinx Is Addicted to Migos