Before he drops his ninth solo studio album next week, Rick Ross has provided another taste of what’s to come. The 41-year-old rapper officially dropped his new single “Trap Trap Trap,” featuring Young Thug and his fellow Maybach Music Group artist Wale. The banger comes after Ross delivered a remix of “Buy Back the Block,” with assistance from E-40, Slim Thug, and Fat Joe.
“Trap Trap Trap” finds Rozay explaining his persona by comparing himself to other heavy-hitters in the game: “I'm the wrong one to rob/In the jungle I'm Nas/In the label I'm Russ/In the trap I'm Rick Ross.”
The track dropped one day after Martha Stewart debuted the cover art for Rather You Than Me on the VH1 program Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Dinner Party. The Bawse has since unveiled the project’s tracklist, which includes guest appearances by everyone from Gucci Mane and Ty Dolla Sign to Future and Nas.
Ross opened up about the new project in an open letter posted to www.ratheryouthan.me:
“Rather You Than Me 10 years + in this game and it has all lead to this moment right here. My entire life I was never given choices. I had to create this shit for myself. I had no choice but to boss up, to make it by any means necessary, to turn nothing into everything that you see in front of you today,” he wrote. “[…] This album is more than just another project for me. It’s a product of strength, perseverance and determination. Rather You Than Me is a testimony. My testimony, and if you a real ni**a, no matter where you from, you can relate to this.”
Rather You Than Me will drop on March 17. “Trap Trap Trap” is available now on iTunes. You can also stream it below via Spotify.
- Rick Ross Joins With Nipsey Hussle, E40, Slim Thug, and Fat Joe to "Buy Back the Block"
- Premiere: Tracy T Links With Pusha T and Rick Ross in "Choices" Video
- Rick Ross Shares an MMG Playlist for Super Bowl LI
- Rick Ross Might Be Locking Down Yet Another Jay Z Feature
More from Complex
- Frank Ocean Debuts New Song "Chanel"
- 'Andre Drummond After Guest Verse in Rap Song: 'I’m Not a Rapper'
- Listen to Episode 2 of Frank Ocean's Beats 1 Show Live
- Warren Buffett Is Offering Even Crazier March Madness Payouts to His Employees This Year
- Muhammad Ali Jr. Says He Was Questioned at an Airport Again