Two of the most prolific rappers of the year, Lil Uzi Vert and Gucci Mane, have joined together for a mini-mixtape of sorts after teasing the project on Instagram. 1017 Vs. The World is Vert's third project of the year, while it's Gucci's ninth project of the year ahead of the forthcoming tenth Gucci release of the year, The Return of East Atlanta Santa. Since his release from Prison in May, Gucci has been keeping himself incredibly busy, releasing two albums and a collaborative project with Future.
It's not uncommon for Gucci to join forces with another rapper or producer for a whole project, and this pairing in particular makes a lot of sense. Gucci and Vert make for a formidable team on the release, trading bars with ease atop the production from the likes of DP Beatz, Zaytoven, and more. It remains to be seen if another Gucci project besides the aforementioned The Return of Eat Atlanta Santa will arrive before the end of the year or not, but judging from Gucci's track record, it wouldn't be the most surprising thing. Earlier this year, Drake announced a collaborative project with Gucci, but developments on that have gone dark as of late.
Listen to 1017 Vs. The World below.
Continue Reading On PigeonsandPlanes
More from PigeonsandPlanes
- Listen to Lil Uzi Vert and Gucci Mane's '1017 Vs. The World' Mixtape
- The Weeknd Talks "Starboy," Cutting His Hair, Working with Kendrick Lamar
- Some Genius Covered His Favorite Gorillaz Songs Using Nothing But Memes
- Erykah Badu is Working on an EP With D.R.A.M.
- Chance The Rapper Reveals "Ultralight Beam" was for G.O.O.D. Fridays