Early Friday morning, Elliott Wilson, veteran hip-hop journalist and newly appointed editorial director, culture and content, hip-hop (yes, that's really the title) for Tidal, tweeted that new Frank Ocean music was imminent.
New Frank Ocean music too.— Elliott Wilson ( @ElliottWilson) March 10, 2017
Given Wilson's job at a music streaming service, many folks assumed he had the inside scoop. And Wilson turned out to be right, as it was announced about twelve hours later that a new episode of Ocean's Beats 1 show blonded RADIO would air later that evening.
@Beats1) March 11, 2017
You can check out the episode here. Given that the last episode featured a brief chat with Jay Z, expectations for this one were running high. A little more than an hour into the show, Ocean unleashed his new song "Chanel." The show had the song on repeat from about 11:20 until after the show's originally given stopping time of midnight. Somewhere in the middle of that time, an ASAP Rocky verse appeared.
frank really played the chanel remix w/ asap rocky once and will probably never play it again— BumShivBeats ( @BumShivBeats) March 11, 2017
You can find the playlist, minus "Chanel," on Spotify.
Mary Lou Williams Presents Black Christ of the Andes, "St. Martin de Porres"
Alex G, "Mis"
Steve Lacy, "Dark Red"
Superorganism, "Something for Your M.I.N.D."
Young Fathers, "Get Started"
DJ Shadow, "What Does Your Soul Look Like, Pt. 3"
J Dilla, "Dillatronic 09"
Andy Stott, "Faith In Strangers"
Vegyn, "Templez of Light"
Todd Rundgren, "There Are No Words"
Frank Ocean, "Solo"
Whitney Houston, "Exhale (Shoop Shoop)"
UGK, "Feds In Town"
Aretha Franklin, "Ain't No Way"
Frank Ocean, "Chanel"
- Jay Z Speaks With Frank Ocean About Modern Radio on Beats 1 Show
- Frank Ocean Will Be Performing at the Met Gala on Monday
- Frank Ocean’s ‘Blonde’ Gets Chopped Not Slopped By Slim K of The Chopstars
More from Complex
- PROMO: TNT Transforms SXSW into a SoCal Beach, 'Animal Kingdom' Style
- Chance the Rapper Reveals He 'Might Actually Sell' His Debut Album
- Michelle Obama Gives 'Black-ish' Star Yara Shahidi's College Career a Boost in a Major Way
- Derrick Rose Praises Chance the Rapper for Making a Difference in Chicago
- The Rumored Supreme x Lacoste Collaboration Is Really Happening