Following the subdued, slow-burning lead single "3WW," Alt-J turn the volume up on "In Cold Blood," our second taste of their forthcoming album RELAXER.
Accompanied by more more glitchy visuals, the Leeds math-rock trio ride hard-driving percussion and rumbling guitars to one of their hardest-hitting, most visceral songs to date—proving their unique style and song structures still have plenty new forms to take as the trio approaches the release of their third album. This one nicely dances the line between catchy single and adventurous album cut, marrying a sweet, memorable hook with thunderous drums and dizzying electronics as the song progresses.
Listen via YouTube and Spotify below, and look out for RELAXER on June 2.
More from Complex
- People Think Kendrick Lamar Is Dissing Big Sean Again on "Humble"
- Scottie Pippen Criticizes Phil Jackson, Applauds Carmelo Anthony
- Jon Favreau (and Everybody Else) Wants Beyoncé to Play Nala in 'The Lion King' Reboot
- The Best GIFs From Kendrick Lamar's "Humble" Video
- Former National Security Advisor Mike Flynn Offers to Testify in Exchange For Immunity