Hamilton's Lin-Manuel Miranda sat down with comedian Marc Maron on his WTF with Marc Maron's podcast and revealed a surprising chapter of his youth—he was bullied by popular underground (and politically outspoken) rapper Immortal Technique in high school.
"He was our school bully," Miranda said. "He terrorized kids, he threw them in the garbage. I got thrown in the garbage by him."
Years later, Miranda seems to have a healthy perspective on the situation, and says, "He's one of the most political, ideological [rappers]. He really made an incredible life for himself as a rapper [...] He was a really angry kid and it's been wonderful to watch him grow up and find a political outlet for that anger."
Even as a school bully, Miranda says Immortal Technique showed an interest in the arts and landed a part in the school play. Miranda added: "He got a part senior year and I was like, 'Oh my god, I'm in a f--king play with the dude that scares the s--t out of all my friends!"
Listen to the full podcast episode here. The Immortal Technique story begins at the 39:00 mark.
Continue Reading On PigeonsandPlanes
More from PigeonsandPlanes
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Says His High School Bully Was Rapper Immortal Technique
- Gucci Mane and Future Share Surprise Mixtape 'Free Bricks: Zone 6 Edition'
- 6LACK Gives a Nod to The Weeknd on Woozy "Just in Time 4 the Weekend"
- Willow Smith Shares Soothing Post-Election Ballad "November 9th"
- Listen to the Soulful First Song From Jorja Smith's 'Project 11' EP