Kodak Black has one less legal issue to worry about.
According to Bossip, the 19-year-old rapper has settled a contract dispute with his former record label Dollaz and Dealz. Kodak filed a lawsuit against the label in late 2016, claiming he was taken advantage of at the time of the 2013 signing. The controversial Florida rapper argued he didn’t completely understand the terms of his contract, as he was only 16 years old and inked the deal without an attorney present. According to Bossip, he also argued he did not receive proper management under Dollaz and Dealz, and that he never received regular payments.
Though Kodak eventually signed to Atlantic Records in 2015, he decided to sue his former label for breach of contract. Additionally, the rapper’s legal team pointed out that Dollaz and Dealz did not have the talent agency license required by Florida state law.
Months after he filed the lawsuit, Kodak has reportedly settled out of court. The terms of the settlement have not been disclosed; however, Bossip reports the judge has thrown out the case and dismissed it “with prejudice,” meaning Kodak cannot sue the label for the same reasons at a later date.
The rapper is currently behind bars after violating the terms of his probation, which stem from charges of false imprisonment, strong arm robbery, and fleeing or attempting to elude law enforcement. He’s also facing sexual assault charges in South Carolina.
- Kodak Black Reportedly Back in Jail for Violating Probation
- Kodak Black Has Reportedly Lost $300,000 Since Being Locked Up
- Kodak Black Is Already Recording His First Post-Jail Release
- Kodak Black Is Still Making Jail Food as a Free Man
More from Complex
- A Complete Guide to This Weekend's Sneaker Releases
- Snapchat vs. Instagram vs. Facebook: Who Has the Best Stories?
- Desus Explains Why New York is Wack Now
- Russell Westbrook Shatters Another Triple-Double Record, Hears "MVP!" Chants From Magic Fans
- How 'The Blackcoat's Daughter' Brings Humanity to the Horror Genre