The Killers will release a Christmas charity album in conjunction with the 10th anniversary of (RED), a charity co-founded by Bono that works to eradicate AIDS in Africa. Don't Waste Your Wishes will feature songs the band previously recorded for the charity alongside a new track.
For the past 10 years, the Killers have crafted an annual holiday single to benefit (RED). The new album compiles those 10 previously released tunes in addition to one new song, "I'll be Home for Christmas." Their new rendition on the classic holiday song features a duet with Brandon Flowers and his fourth grade teacher, Ned Humphrey Hansen. Flowers attributes learning the meaning behind the song to his former teacher.
Don't Waste Your Wishes will be released digitally on November 18th exclusively on iTunes and Apple Music. The 11-track set will also be available as a limited edition CD on December 9th via a new website the band created for the project. The website also houses videos for 10 of the tracks. The band will give 100 percent of the proceeds to The Global Fund via (RED).
Earlier this fall, the Killers marked the 10th anniversary of their sophomore album Sam's Town with a two-day celebration in their Las Vegas hometown, which included concerts and a bus tour. The band also released a vinyl reissue of the album.
Don’t Waste Your Wishes Track List
1."A Great Big Sled" featuring Toni Halliday
2. "Don’t Shoot Me Santa" featuring Ryan Pardey
3. "Joseph, Better You Than Me" featuring Elton John and Neil Tennant
4. "¡Happy Birthday Guadalupe!" featuring Wild Light and Mariachi El Bronx
6."The Cowboys’ Christmas Ball"
7. "Feel It In My Bones" featuring Ryan Pardey
8. "Christmas In L.A." featuring Dawes
9. "Joel The Lump Of Coal" featuring Jimmy Kimmel
10. "Dirt Sledding" featuring Ryan Pardey and Richard Dreyfuss
11. "I'll Be Home For Christmas" featuring Ned Humphrey Hansen