Killer Mike continues his heavy involvement in the 2016 election with a sober post-mortem about what exactly went wrong for Hillary Clinton during an appearance on The Real this morning. "I knew people are mad. I knew that people are mad enough to do things that I hadn't expected them to do. I saw people that looked like me and you saying they're voting for Trump and that scared me," he said. "I think poor white people are mad because the system that promises you something based on that isn't gonna ever give you that."
Mike went on to compare the current racial divisions among America's poor to white people in Mississippi around the time of slavery. "Simply because the imaginary line of race got put there and they could say I'm superior to this person, they never joined with the black worker and fought for better conditions for them all. They've voted for a party that use the illusion of patriotism that use the illusion of military... to oppress them."
He also noted that he felt Democrats had over-promised and under-delivered for minority communities in America. "We have been used by a party to the liberal side that—once in office—has not enacted policy that's reflective of stuff that would bring our communities up. I think poor people got angry, and I think there just happened to be in this country more poor angry white people."
- Killer Mike Turned Leaked Clinton Campaign Email About Him Into Merch
- Killer Mike Calls Out Hillary Clinton Over Her Record on Race
More from Complex
- Mexican Peso Plummets Following Trumps Victory
- LeBron James Responds to Donald Trump Election Victory With Inspiring Instagram Post
- Killer Mike on Why He Believes White Working-Class Anger Helped Donald Trump Win
- Lady Gaga Protests Donald Trump's Victory Outside of Trump Tower: 'He Divided Us So Carelessly'
- Watch Hillary Clinton Speak for the First Time After Losing the Election to Donald Trump