It’s been nearly two months since Kid Cudi announced he was checking into rehab after enduring a long-term battle with depression and suicidal urges.
“I am not at peace. I haven't been since you've known me,” the 32-year-old artist wrote on Facebook at the time. “If I didn't come here, I would’ve done something to myself. I simply am a damaged human swimming in a pool of emotions everyday of my life.”
Cudi’s news came as a shock to many of his fans; however, the majority of his following showed him nothing but love during his difficult time. Even fellow artists like Travis Scott, Wiz Khalifa, Shade Moss, and Theophilus London vocalized their support, praising the rapper for his bravery. And, now, Cudi is returning that love.
On Monday, the G.O.O.D. music artist shared a heartfelt letter on Facebook, thanking everyone for his or her encouraging words.
“Thank you for opening your hearts and extending your love and support,” he wrote. “[…] I wanted to let y’all know it meant the world to me. I have nothing but love for you. Words can't really express how much it made my heart glow. I look forward to better days.”
Toward the end of his message, Cudi reassured his followers that his situation is improving. In fact, he wrote he’s feeling great and “brand new,” which is incredible news.
You can read the full thank-you message below.
- Kid Cudi Makes His Return to the Stage at ComplexCon With Travis Scott and Pharrell
- Listen: Kid Cudi "Immortal"
- Kanye West Asks Fans to Sing for Kid Cudi During "Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1" Performance
More from Complex
- First Look at the SoleFly x Air Jordan XVI
- Donald Trump Discusses Not Prosecuting Hillary Clinton, Climate Change, and More With New York Times
- Pro Skater Paul Rodriguez Gets Uncomfortable in Latest 'Here's The Rub' Episode
- Dwayne Johnson and Lin-Manuel Miranda Go Full Mockumentary for 'Millennials: The Musical'
- Rashida Jones Brags to Desus and Mero About Being Bitten by Michael Jackson's Chimp