The European leg of Kehalni’s SweetSexySavage tour has been cut short.
On Tuesday, the 21-year-old singer announced she was canceling the remaining dates to undergo emergency hernia surgery. She shared the news via Instagram, with a close-up shot of her abdomen.
“[A]s some of you know I have a hernia (that squishy ball thingy above my belly button) and it's gotten to a point [of] necessary surgery,” Kehlani wrote. “I'm going to have to reschedule the rest of my European tour in order to get it done and heal up.”
Though there is no word on the new tour dates, the singer did promise to refund fans who were affected by the cancelations.
yes we will refund and reschedule, taking care of this is most important right now. I love you all so much. thank you for everything.— Kehlani (@Kehlani) March 14, 2017
The 60-date SweetSexySavage tour kicked off last month in Montreal and was expected to wrap up in Los Angeles on June 18. It’s unclear if Kehlani will go through with her Coachella performance next month. Stay tuned for more information.
In a 2015 interview with Fader, Kehlani opened up about her struggles with body image, discussing the umbilical hernia that made a “lump” on her stomach.
“My body wasn’t proportionate like a girl’s, so I never showed it,” she said. “[…] I got tattoos real fast. At first it was like, ‘This is changing me into what I really want to be!’ I’d always wanted tattoos, but I think I actually got so many because I hated myself.”
- Stream Kehlani's Debut Album 'SweetSexySavage'
- Kehlani's Debut Album Will Be Called 'SWEETSEXYSAVAGE' (UPDATE)
- Here’s How Kehlani Got Chance the Rapper to Appear on “The Way”
- Are Future and Kehlani Working on Music Together Soon?
More from Complex
- Government Weed Is Actually Just Schwaggy, Seedy Trash
- Watch the Solemn Video for St. Louis Rapper Cory Miller's "Objects"
- The 50 Best Hip-Hop Diss Songs
- Watch Desiigner Crash Our Interview With ASAP Ferg While Riding a Scooter at SXSW
- Release Info for Atmos' Air Max 1s and Air Jordan 3