An arrest warrant has been issued for the controversial rapper and alleged boob-biter Azealia Banks.
According to Pitchfork, the 25-year-old artist failed to appear in court Monday to face charges of misdemeanor assault, attempted assault, and disorderly conduct. The charges stem from a 2015 incident, in which Banks allegedly punched and bit the breast of a nightclub security guard after she was prohibited from entering a private party at NYC’s Up&Down.
Page Six reports Banks’ lawyer read a note written by the rapper in court Monday: “I can be back tomorrow if the court needs it.”
An entertainment attorney representing Banks has since released a statement explaining why his client was unable to make her scheduled court appearance. Apparently, Banks had confused the dates and was unable to appear because she was in Europe.
Azealia Banks mistakenly believed she had a court appearance on March 8 instead of March 6.
She was in France for Fashion week due to meetings and other social gatherings and was not able to arrange her flight in time to appear today. She apologizes and will apologize in person to the Court for missing her scheduled hearing. In addition, she attempted to appear via a New York Attorney and through a close family member. Ms. Banks will go to the department to remedy the situation as soon as possible. Again, she apologizes for the inconvenience that may have caused the Department.
Shortly before the altercation at Up&Down, Banks was caught on surveillance allegedly attacking another security guard at a nightclub in Los Angeles. The footage—obtained by TMZ—shows a bouncer attempting to remove Banks from the Break Room 86 venue, before a scuffle breaks out. Though the LAPD reportedly opened a criminal battery investigation, Banks ultimately dodged assault charges, as the L.A. City Attorney determined the footage failed to provide enough evidence.
- Azealia Banks Is Under Investigation For Attacking Security Guards in Los Angeles
- Azealia Banks Reportedly Won't Be Charged for October Fight With a Security Guard
- Azealia Banks Is Dissing Rita Ora Because of a Tweet About Jelly Shoes
- Russell Crowe Will Reportedly Not Be Charged in Hotel Room Confrontation With Azealia Banks
More from Complex
- See All the Upcoming Air Jordan 4s Here
- Quavo Addresses Makonnen Comments: 'I Got a Record With Frank Ocean. That Closes My Case.'
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Is How You Start A Cinematic Universe Right
- So You Wanna Work In Sports? Here's What It Really Takes
- Giancarlo Esposito Initially Didn't Want to Resurrect Gus Fring for 'Better Call Saul'