Last September, Brixton producer Joe Hertz released his debut EP How It Feels and caught our ear with songs like "Playing With You."
Now, after meeting vocalist Jones while collaborating on a version of Massive Attack’s "Unfinished Sympathy" for a BBC 1Xtra Maida Vale session, the two decided to come together for silky new R&B single "Simple." Speaking on Jones, Hertz told us, "She has such a dope voice, we just clicked and it’s cool that she was down to be on my new thing.”
The new record takes Joe’s signature sound, mixing future R&B with layers of sultry synths, and combining it with blissful vocals from Jones.
Check out the new record below.
More from Complex
- J. Cole Announces '4 Your Eyez Only' Documentary, Drops Official Trailer
- Pigeons & Planes' Best Songs of the Week
- Dahlia Sleeps Drops Off New Video For "Still Light"
- Kevin Gates' Release From Jail Canceled Over Outstanding Weapons Warrant
- Sibling Rivalry Grows Character For Some of the Nation's Top High School Quarterbacks