Although Jigga hasn't dropped a full project since 2013's Magna Carta Holy Grail, 2016 has seen a limited but significant increase in Hov's musical output. His first solo song since his last album, "Spiritual," was released earlier this year in response to increased police brutality. He also dropped three of his best features in years, appearing on DJ Khaled's "I Got The Keys," Fat Joe's "All The Way Up (Remix)" and Pusha T's "Drug Dealers Anonymous."
Yesterday, Jay was spotted in the studio with long-time Gucci Mane affiliate and Southern hitmaker Zaytoven, with the producer posting a picture of the two on Instagram. The photo, which can seen below, was captioned "JAYTOVEN," implying a collaboration between the two might be on its way.
Rumors of a new record from Hov have been bubbling away for quite some time, with the latest snippet of information coming from legendary producer Jermaine Dupri, who claimed to know the title of Jay's next album.
- Jay Z Will Reportedly Respond to 'Lemonade' With an Album of His Own
- Chance the Rapper, Beyoncé, and Jay Z Star in New Hillary Clinton Campaign Video
- Jay Z Says Donald Trump "Cannot Be Our President" at Clinton Rally
Continue Reading On PigeonsandPlanes
More from PigeonsandPlanes
- Alicia Keys, ASAP Rocky, and Swizz Beatz Star in Video for "Blended Family"
- TDE CEO Explains Ab-Soul's Album Delays, Says He's "Done Taking the Blame"
- Donnie Trumpet Ditches Stage Name, Distancing Himself From Donald Trump
- Listen to Q-Tip and Jarobi of A Tribe Called Quest Discuss Their New Album
- Malay is Launching His Own Record Label