J. Cole has partnered with HBO for the release of J. Cole: 4 Your Eyez Only, A Dreamville Film. The doc will feature musical performances mixed with footage of Cole visiting lower-income residents in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Atlanta, Ferguson, Missouri, and his hometown of Fayetteville, North Carolina, according to Entertainment Weekly.
This is Cole's second documentary to be featured on HBO; his first, J. Cole Forest Hills Drive: Homecoming, dropped in early 2016 and included tour performance footage mixed in with behind-the-scenes moments of Cole and his crew.
Scott Lazer, director of the doc, told Entertainment Weekly that 4 Your Eyez Only, A Dreamville Film will "give context" to his recent release. "You can’t really understand until you see the whole picture," he said.
Check out the trailer for 4 Your Eyez Only, A Dreamville Film above, which is produced by Tim Grant and executive produced by Cole, his manager Ibrahim Hamad (Ib), and Adam Roy Rodney. The doc will premiere on HBO on April 15 at 10 p.m. ET.
- J. Cole Announces 4 Your Eyez Only World Tour
- "The Album Is Largely From a Perspective That Isn't J. Cole's": Producer Elite on '4 Your Eyez Only'
More from Complex
- DJ Khaled Hypes Up His Upcoming Air Jordan
- Drake's 'More Life' Has Surpassed 'Views' in First-Week Streaming Numbers
- LeBron James Wore Goggles for Nine Minutes Before Throwing Them Away
- Listen to Freddie Gibbs' New Track "Alexys"
- Kevin Gates' Wife Issues Statement on Her Husband's Incarceration