Internet conspiracy theories can make people do some insane, and potentially hazardous, shit. Case in point? This Reddit user who ate a vinyl record all because Kendrick Lamar didn’t release a second album this weekend.
Immediately after the Compton rapper released Damn on Friday, the internet began speculating that Kendrick would deliver another project before Easter’s end. A Redditor who goes by the handle CousinTyrone was so convinced by the rumors he made a bold bet: If Kendrick didn’t drop another album by Monday, the Reddit user would eat the Good Kid, M.A.A.D City vinyl.
As soon as it was clear there wouldn’t be a second drop, the dude fulfilled his promise and uploaded the stunt onto YouTube.
CousinTyrone snapped the record in half and put in a blender with water. After attempting to get the vinyl to a powder consistency, he added some ice cream to make a milkshake, and began eating it with a spoon.
“It tastes like gravel,” he said in the video as he clearly struggled with the chunks. After a few minutes of gagging and spitting, the Redditor lifts his head, looks into the camera and says, “OP delivered.”
People will do anything to go viral.
Before he ate the GKMC record, Tyrone went to Reddit to answer some of the biggest questions, chief among them: “Will this kill you?” He said he wanted to consult a doctor, but instead had his homie call up poison control and ask if it would be unsafe. The specialist reportedly told the caller that eating a vinyl record would not poison someone; so Tyrone, needing little convincing, rolled with it.
You can check out the video above.
- The Biggest Surprises on Kendrick Lamar's 'DAMN.'
- Kendrick Lamar Reveals Cover Art and Tracklist for New Album 'DAMN.'
- LeBron James Previews Kendrick Lamar's New Album 'Damn' and It Sounds Incredible
- Fan Theory Suggests Kendrick Lamar Will Drop Another Album on Easter
More from Complex
- Producer Murda Beatz Talks Nicki Minaj's "No Frauds," 'More Life,' and Teases Travis Scott/Quavo Project
- Watch Nicki Minaj, Drake, and Lil Wayne's "No Frauds" Video
- Reebok Runner Collab Looks Like Allen Iverson's Questions
- Couple Having Loud Sex Interrupts Tennis Match
- Adidas Sends Insensitive Email About Surviving the Boston Marathon