GoldLink's At What Cost is one of the most exciting releases of this young year. He features friends old (Kaytranada, Louie Lastic) and new (Jazmine Sullivan, Steve Lacy) on the project, but the real star of the show is GoldLink's hometown of Washington, D.C.
It's a city with a rich musical history, spanning everything from go-go music to punk rock. GoldLink dug deep into his personal memories and researched the city itself, talking to cab drivers, relatives, and friends to create a kinetic, sweaty album well worth a listen. We spoke with GoldLink about the inspiration behind the hometown homage, what he learned over the course of production, and what he hopes his city takes from this release.
Watch the interview above, and listen to At What Cost below.
More from Complex
- Oreo to Offer 'Cookies and Creme' Flavor, Proving They're Pretty Much Out of Ideas
- Here's Why a Huge Inflatable Breast Is on a London Building
- Nike Is Selling 'Royal' Air Jordan 1s Early
- A Tropical Cyclone Caused a Legit 'Sharknado' in Australia
- Future Inspires Musicians to Take Part in Incredible #MaskOffChallenge