On Friday night, Beats 1 made a surprise announcement that there would be a new episode of Frank Ocean's Beats 1 show blonded RADIO.
BLONDED 002 7PM LA. 10PM NYC. 3AM LDN. 12PM TKY pic.twitter.com/EO3tyRZUS2— Zane Lowe ( @zanelowe) March 11, 2017
Given that the last episode featured a chat with Jay Z, expectations were high. There were also rumors that Ocean would debut new material.
New Frank Ocean music too.— Elliott Wilson ( @ElliottWilson) March 10, 2017
The singer delivered, sharing a previously unheard song called "Chanel." You can check it out here on Tidal, or here on iTunes/Apple Music. Ocean also shared two Tumblr posts connected to the song. One had the lyrics in an abstract-seeming pattern.
The other had art with the Chanel logo and the words "Chanel @ Everywhere."
The song played for about an hour straight on the Beats 1 show, and an ASAP Rocky verse, possibly a remix, was aired as well.
@ConnorCleve) March 11, 2017
- Frank Ocean’s ‘Blonde’ Gets Chopped Not Slopped By Slim K of The Chopstars
- You Can Now Stream Frank Ocean's 'Blonde' on Spotify
- Here Are the Contributors on Frank Ocean's 'Blonde' Album
More from Complex
- PROMO: TNT Transforms SXSW into a SoCal Beach, 'Animal Kingdom' Style
- Chance the Rapper Reveals He 'Might Actually Sell' His Debut Album
- Michelle Obama Gives 'Black-ish' Star Yara Shahidi's College Career a Boost in a Major Way
- Derrick Rose Praises Chance the Rapper for Making a Difference in Chicago
- The Rumored Supreme x Lacoste Collaboration Is Really Happening