For those keeping track, it’s been approximately five months since the initial announcement of Drake’s upcoming More Life project. Rumored release dates, potential collaborators, and since-deleted Instagram teasers have come and gone without Drake’s follow up to Views seeing an official release date. With OVO’s Oliver El-Khatib and Drake’s longtime collaborator and friend Noah “40” Shebib weighing in on the perceived delays, Drake addressed the matter directly during a recent show.
“I know it’s taken me awhile, but I’m going to the hotel tonight to finish this More Life shit so I can give it to you as soon as possible,” Drake announced to a cheering crowd. “So I hope you’re ready to enjoy some new music.”
Both Drake’s statement and the timeline are in line with the Boy Meet’s World tour schedule. The tour hit Hamburg, Germany March 10, which is when the fan video of the announcement is time stamped. Drake’s European tour is scheduled to wrap up March 28 in Amsterdam, but it’s unclear if his specially curated Apple Music playlist will arrive before or after that date.
Drake’s single “Fake Love,” which will likely appear on More Life, is currently at the No. 16 spot on Billboard magazine’s Hot 100 chart. You can catch up on all the current information available on More Life here.
- Drake Previews More New Music During Party in London
- Drake's 'More Life' Playlist Is Apparently Dropping Really Soon
- Here's Why Drake Is Calling 'More Life' a Playlist and Not an Album
More from Complex
- PROMO: TNT Transforms SXSW into a SoCal Beach, 'Animal Kingdom' Style
- Chance the Rapper Reveals He 'Might Actually Sell' His Debut Album
- Michelle Obama Gives 'Black-ish' Star Yara Shahidi's College Career a Boost in a Major Way
- Derrick Rose Praises Chance the Rapper for Making a Difference in Chicago
- The Rumored Supreme x Lacoste Collaboration Is Really Happening