This just in: The Weeknd and Selena Gomez are still engaging in couple-y activities, including—but not necessarily limited to—some relatively mild PDA. For the acronym-averse readers, "PDA" is a less cringe-inspiring way of saying "public displays of affection." But anyway, here's the E! News-obtained photos in question:
The two have actually been spotted a few times this week in Toronto, grabbing lunch Thursday at the Thompson Hotel and enjoying a private Get Out screening Wednesday night. Both of those outings have induced envy in this writer, who has not once enjoyed a private screening of any movie ever.
The rumored couple's rumored coupling took a very interesting turn last month, when fans became convinced certain lyrics on a pair of new songs were musical shots at Gomez's ex Justin Bieber. In Gomez's Kygo collab "It Ain't Me," Gomez thought "back to 17" and "never growing up," later saying she had chosen to "leave behind the worst of us." The Weeknd's Nav collab "Some Way" appeared to go with a more direct approach, as the XO founder told a mystery person in the track that he thinks "your girl fell in love with me." The track also featured a brag from the Weeknd regarding his fuck and tongue game.
Asked about her rumored relationship with the Weeknd in her new Vogue cover story, Gomez understandably kept her answer pretty damn vague. "Oh, Mylanta," Gomez told Rob Haskell. "Look, I love what I do, and I'm aware of how lucky I am, but—how can I say this without sounding weird? I just really can't wait for people to forget about me." Instead, Gomez discussed mental health and the downside of Instagram ubiquity.
"As soon as I became the most followed person on Instagram, I sort of freaked out," Gomez said. "It had become so consuming to me. It's what I woke up to and went to sleep to. I was an addict, and it felt like I was seeing things I didn't want to see, like it was putting things in my head that I didn't want to care about." Instagram, Gomez added, often ended up making her feel "like shit."
- Vin Diesel and Selena Gomez Are on Kygo’s New Track "It Ain't Me"
- Justin Bieber Won't Stop Trolling the Weeknd and Selena Gomez
- The Weeknd Snapped Kissing Selena Gomez, May or May Not Be Dating and Fans Are Freaking Out
More from Complex
- Rick Ross Is Working on His Legacy By Dissing Birdman on “Idols Become Rivals”
- Jeff Van Gundy Says the Cavs Resting Their Big 3 Should Be a 'Prosecutable Offense'
- Did Marshawn Lynch Hint on Twitter That He Wants to Play for the Raiders?
- Travis Scott's Mother Jokingly Dragged Him for His Twitter Typos
- This One Trick Let's You Add Live Photos to Instagram