DJ Khaled’s social media activity has taken him to the lofty heights of the NBA’s All-Star Dunk Contest and Ellen DeGeneres’ couch. So his platform of choice played a role in confirming another A-list feature for his upcoming Grateful album.
“Yo Juan, did the Drake vocals come in yet?” Khaled asked, as part of a recurring back-and-forth bit with his engineer captured on Instagram.
Khaled has already secured features from Beyoncé and Jay Z on the single “Shining.” Other Instagram posts suggest Justin Bieber, Chance the Rapper, and Migos will also appear on his tenth studio album.
As the “everything top secret” phrase indicates, the inclusion of some Drake bars on a DJ Khaled album is almost a given at this point. Khaled and Drake’s chemistry manifested itself in 2011, when the single “I’m On One” spent 23 weeks on the Hot 100 chart. The pair returned to the charts with “For Free,” which peaked at the No. 13 spot.
With a screenshot of what appear to be the vocals for another Drake feature, the only question remaining is when will Khaled confirm a release date for Grateful.
In the meantime, Khaled is keeping himself busy with the Summerfest Cruise. Future and Lil Wayne are slated to join Khaled for a cruise leaving Miami in late June and makes a pair of stops in the Bahamas before returning to Florida for Fourth of July weekend. In a promotional video for the cruise, Khaled teased the event with the inclusion of “a lot of superstar friends.” Ticket and cabin information for the cruise is available at the Summerfest site.
- DJ Khaled Teases Another Kanye West Collaboration
- DJ Khaled and Chance the Rapper Are Up to Something in Miami
- DJ Khaled Hits The Studio With Nas
More from Complex
- War Machine Allegedly Said ‘I’ve Got to Kill You Now’ During Brutal Beating of Christy Mack
- Very Helpful Study Reveals Countries Where Men Lie the Most About Dick Size
- Future Took His Crew On a $20K Reebok Shopping Spree
- The 'Cash Me Ousside' Girl's Social Media Accounts Were Apparently Hacked
- Nike Made a Hijab for Muslim Women