Vic Mensa: "What the f*ck is a Lil Yachty" 👀pic.twitter.com/NdJvDLQdCo— Hip-Hop Heads (@HipHopHeads) April 9, 2017
"Then I signed to the 'Roc now they say I'm illuminati / Bitch, I'm a tsunami, what the fuck is a Lil Yachty?," he said, drawing a raucous reaction from the crowd. Was Vic really taking a shot at Yachty, or could this be chalked up as a simple case of wordplay? Earlier today, Yachty fired off a tweet, possibly in response to Mensa's rumored verbal jab.
Lol might be time to hop off the planet Lil bro— lil boat kot* (@lilyachty) April 9, 2017
What makes this potential beef so confusing is that these two have never seemed to have a problem with one another. In fact, Vic and Yachty took a photo together last year when the two stopped by Kanye West's studio to work on the tentatively titled album, Turbo Grafx 16. If this feud does escalate, it looks like no one is interested.
really boring when artists pretend they don't know who another artist is as a diss. we know u know who lil yachty is, vic mensa— james #HandsOffSyria (@grandmunch) April 9, 2017
I can't think of a less interesting beef than a Vic Mensa/Lil Yachty beef— Playboi Parti (@MrMiddleParting) April 9, 2017
People really catching feelings over Vic Mensa's line on Lil Yachty during a freestyle? Hip-hop fans are too insensitive and unbearable now.— Discounted (@IvanSalazarJr) April 9, 2017
- Lil Yachty Responds to Shia LeBeouf: "Stick to Acting"
- Lil Yachty Dismisses Beef with J. Cole: 'I F*ck With J. Cole'
- Nardwuar and Lil Yachty's New Interview Will Put a Smile on Your Face
More from Complex
- There's a New Air Jordan 4 Lookalike
- A Bitter Knicks Fan Hitches His Wagon to #CavsNation
- Listen to Mac DeMarco's New Song "On the Level"
- Check Out Cold Fronts' New Video For "Buschleague"
- A Survival Guide to the Sh*t Show That Is Overbooked Flights