Houston-born rapper Emphasiz has been rapping for four years and is ready for the world to hear his sound. After joining the Navy, he now resides in California and has decided to put his all into his music career. Today he's here with "Fuck It Up," a record he also co-produced. The record can easily fit in any party rotation or workout playlist and you may find yourself humming along to the chorus days after you play it.
Speaking on the record, Emphasiz told us, "I wrote this song stemming from conversations I had with a friend who's favorite thing to say when getting lit was "Fuck It Up!" and is also on the cover. Most of the conversations we had were about the future and the next move in music. She always kept my head up, reminding me that things could be worse so that made me want to write about the positive side of a couple of situations I was going through at the time. Between possibly getting kicked out of the military to friends being killed to getting fucked over by promoters I found a way to express my frustration and have fun through it all."
Check out the new single below.
More from Complex
- Study: Black Defendants More Likely to Be Wrongfully Convicted of Murder Than Whites
- WikiLeaks Publishes Alleged CIA Documents That Expose How the Agency Hacks iPhones and TVs
- Jacques Greene and How To Dress Well Find Soulful Electronic Magic on "True"
- This Snowboarder Seemed Pretty at Peace With a Branch Going Through His Face
- Somehow Lil Peep Mashed Up With The Pixies Sounds Great