Win Tickets to See Katy Perry Live in L.A.!
On Wednesday, October 23 Katy Perry and a pack of powerful songstress friends will allow fans to hear them roar in support of breast cancer awareness - and you could be there! Perry will headline a concert at iconic L.A. venue The Hollywood Bowl with support from Sara Bareilles, Ellie Goulding, Tegan & Sara and Kacey Musgraves. The show, entitled "We Can Survive" is a special performance to benefit the Young Survival Coalition. "These are all very powerful women that I really respect and look up to, and I wanted them to come together to promote this supportive message and have a fantastic night full of great music. There’s so many great acts in this lineup," she told Carson Daly on his 97.1 AMP radio morning show.
"We Can Survive" takes place just a single day following the release of her long-awaited studio album Prism, and we have a pair of tickets for one lucky winner and a friend! To sweeten the deal, the winner will also snap up a year's supply of Katy's favorite flavor of Popchips to enjoy. Read on to learn how to enter:
Step 1: Follow @YahooMusic and @popchips on Twitter
Step 2: Tweet this message:
Tickets to Katy Perry at the Hollywood Bowl? Sign me up @YahooMusic and @popchips! http://yhoo.it/1fO3vE1 #WeCanSurvive
(Note: One entry per person/email address/Twitter handle.)
The giveaway ends October 14, 2013 at 7:00 P.M. PDT. Winners will receive a Direct Message on Twitter with further information. Keep in mind, this giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. If you have any other questions, check out the official rules.
Yahoo! Music: Katy Perry and Popchips Giveaway
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION (THE "PROMOTION") IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY (COLLECTIVELY, THE "ELIGIBILITY AREA") AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN, AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF, THE ELIGIBILITY AREA.NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.ENTRY IN THIS PROMOTION CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility: You must be a legal resident of the Eligibility Area and 18 years or older at the time of entry. Void in overseas U.S. territories, possessions, commonwealths and military installations, and where prohibited by law. Employees and agents of Yahoo Inc. ("Sponsor"), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, any other prize sponsor, and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Promotion (all of the foregoing, together with Yahoo, collectively referred to as "Promotion Entities"), and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household as such individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to participate or win. Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”) is not a sponsor of, or is in any way affiliated with, this Promotion.
2. How To Enter: Registration for the Promotion is open any time between 9:00 AM PDT on October 4, 2013 and 11:59 AM PDT on October 11, 2013 (the “Promotion Period”). A Twitter account is required to participate in this Promotion. If you are not an existing Twitter account holder, visit twitter.com and follow the instructions to register for a free Twitter account (your “Twitter Account”). Once logged into Twitter, set your Twitter Account to "follow" the Twitter handle associated with the Promotion, @yahoomusic (the "Promotion Twitter Address"). Your Twitter Account MUST "follow" the Promotion Twitter Address during the entire Promotion Period to be eligible to win. Next, register for the Promotion by sending a Twitter update (a "Tweet"), using your Twitter Account, to @yahoomusic with the following words: Tickets to Katy Perry at the HollywoodBowl? Sign me up @YahooMusic and @popchips! http://yhoo.it/1fO3vE1 #WeCanSurvive You will receive ONE entry in the Promotion (an "Entry"), when you submit a Tweet to @YahooMusic during the Promotion Period, in accordance with the method described above.
For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of an Entry occurs when Yahoo receives your registration and entry information as properly submitted by you in accordance with the instructions above. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the holder of a Twitter account or handle, the dispute will be resolved in favor of the individual who is the "authorized email account holder" of the "alternate email address" provided when the Twitter account was created. "Authorized email account holder" is defined as the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (i.e., business, educational institution) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If Yahoo is unable to verify the authorized account holder of a potentially winning Twitter account, that account will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. A potential prize winner may be required to provide Promotion Entities with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder as described above.LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON, PER EMAIL ADDRESS AND/OR PER TWITTER ID. Although subsequent attempts to enter may be received, only the first entry received from a particular individual will count; subsequent attempts to enter will be disqualified. The submission of an entry is solely the responsibility of the entrant. An Entry may only be made according to the method described above. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt, "thanks for entering" message, or post office receipt) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Yahoo of an entry for purposes of these Official Rules. Automated entries (including but not limited to entries submitted using any bot, script, macro, or sweepstakes service), copies, third party entries, facsimiles and/or mechanical reproductions are not permitted and will be disqualified. Only eligible entries actually received by Yahoo before the end of the specified entry period will be included in the prize drawing. Unintelligible, incomplete, or garbled attempts to enter will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Yahoo, and none will be acknowledged or returned.
3. Conduct: By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules. The Official Rules will be posted at [LINK TO RULES] (the “Promotion Website”) throughout the Promotion. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Promotion. Entrants further agree to comply with and be bound by the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all respects. Yahoo reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or any Yahoo or Promotion-related website; (b) violating the Official Rules; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Yahoo- or Promotion-related property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, YAHOO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
4. Prize: One prize winner will receive two tickets (for winner and a companion) to see Katy Perry at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, CA on October 23, 2013 (the “Concert”). Prize package includes round trip coach class transportation for two (winner and a companion) from a major U.S. airport (carrier and airport to be chosen by Sponsor) to Los Angeles, CA; hotel accommodations (one room, standard, double occupancy) for one night; round trip ground transportation between Los Angeles area airport and hotel, and between hotel and concert venue; one year’s supply (12 cases of 24 bags each) of Popchips in Katy Perry’s favorite flavor, kettle corn. If winner is unable to attend the Concert, prize is forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Winner and companion must both be 18 years of age or older to attend the Concert. Concert is subject to change and/or cancellation. Approximate retail value of Prize: $1,500 (prize value may vary depending upon the actual cost of air transportation from point of departure, and accommodations at time of reservation).Except as specifically provided herein, Prize package does not include taxes, insurance, telephone charges, personal expenses, travel arrangements between winner’s home and U.S. airport of departure, ground transportation, gratuities, passenger facility charges (PFCs), departure taxes, incidental charges, or any other item not specifically described in these Official Rules, and all expenses for any of the foregoing are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. If winner’s primary residence is within 200 miles of Los Angeles, CA, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute ground transportation for the airfare component of the prize. Should such a substitution occur, the difference in prize value will not be awarded. Concert is subject to change and/or cancellation. Winner must be able to travel between October 23-24, 2013. If Promotion Entities cannot find a winner who is able to travel on required dates in time to satisfy verification procedures, no prize will be awarded. Once confirmed, trip dates and travel accommodations cannot be changed by winner; however, travel is subject to availability, blackout dates, and/or change due to circumstances beyond Promotion Entities' control. Winner and travel companion must travel on the same dates, itinerary, and fare class. All travel awarded in this Sweepstakes must be completed by October 24, 2013. No extensions will be permitted, and any unused travel will be forfeited. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer and may not be separated. All tickets issued in conjunction with the Prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code-share flights may be used. Prize may not be transferred or assigned except by Sponsor. Only listed prize will be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents or redemptions will be made, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize package with another prize of equal or greater value in the event that the advertised prize (or any component thereof) is not available. Reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, and/or surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of a prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner of that prize. Yahoo expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of the prizes awarded. Yahoo makes no representations or warranties concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply. Promotion Entities will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
5. Winner Selection and Notification: Potential winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held immediately following the close of the Promotion Period from among all eligible Entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Prize drawing will be conducted by a representative of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final. Travel companion must be 18 years of age or older at time trip is taken in order to accompany winner on trip.Potential winner will be notified immediately after selection. Prize notification will be delivered by a Twitter update from Yahoo. Further instructions will be provided to potential winner at time of prize notification. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable, or inability of Promotion Entities to contact a potential winner before 7:00 p.m. PDT on October 14, 2013 may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner by random drawing. Prize winner and travel companion will be required to sign, notarize and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and provide any additional information (such as social security number), that may be required by Promotion Entities, except where prohibited by law. Except where prohibited by law, potential winner must return all required documents (together with travel companion’s required documents) within 48 hours following attempted notification or prize may be forfeited. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable, or inability of Promotion Entities to contact a potential winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner by random drawing. Winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 which documents the value of the prize for tax purposes. Any difference between actual value of a prize and the approximated value of a Prize as stated in these Official Rules will not be awarded.
6. General Conditions: This Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States, including all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.By entering, participants: (a) release and hold harmless Promotion Entities, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, participation in this promotion, or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any prize-related activity, and (b) grant to Yahoo the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Promotion.Except where prohibited by law, a winner's acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Promotion Entities to use such winner's name, address (city and state only), statements, photograph, voice and/or likeness for any advertising and promotional purposes relating to the Promotion without further compensation, consideration, review or consent.
7. Limitations of Liability: Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, garbled or unintelligible Entries or Tweets, or for theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, or any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Promotion. Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, whether on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any injury or damage to participants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Promotion. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Promotion Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Yahoo reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
8. Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, each participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrant's actual out-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Promotion). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions rights and obligations of a participant in connection with this Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of California, County of Santa Clara. The parties waive rights to trial by jury in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Promotion. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Promotion shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of California, County of Santa Clara, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
10. Winner’s Name: The name of the prize winners may be obtained between October 11, 2013 and no later than January 11, 2013 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Yahoo! Music Katy Perry and Popchips Giveaway, Winners List Requests, Yahoo Inc., Attn: Lia Haberman, 2400 Broadway, 1st Floor, Santa Monica, CA, 90404.
11. Official Rules: For a copy of the Official Rules, print this web page or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Yahoo! Music Katy Perry and Popchips Giveaway, Official Rules Requests, Yahoo Inc., Attn: Lia Haberman, 2400 Broadway, 1st Floor, Santa Monica, CA 90404. Vermont residents may omit return postage. Requests received after the close of the Promotion Period will not be honored.
12. Sponsor: Yahoo Inc., 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089. Twitter, Inc. is not a sponsor of, nor affiliated in any way with, this Sweepstakes.