Everyone has at least one song that reminds them of a painful breakup, or some sad event in their life. And while sad songs can stir up painful emotions, there is something strangely comforting about them. I think it's because sad songs remind us we are not alone, and that other people have gone through the same things we have. When a sad song connects with you it can feel like a shared experience.
Sad songs are so popular in fact, that they have inspired songs about themselves!
For this playlist I didn't want to simply throw together a bunch of melancholy ballads. Instead, I wanted to create a list of songs about sad songs. How's that for meta?
Below you will find ten tracks, each one a song about sad songs.
What would you add?
Songs About Sad Songs
1. Sad Songs (Say So Much) - Elton John
2. Sad Songs And Waltzes - Willie Nelson
3. Stay Away From Sad Songs - Leon Russell
4. Sad Sad Songs - The Bon Scotts
5. Old Sad Songs - Lucero
6. Nobody Likes Sad Songs - Ronnie Milsap
7. There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry) - Billy Ocean
8. Sad Songs and Alcohol - Jo Henley
9. No More Sad Songs - Clay Aiken
10. Sad Songs - El DeBarge
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.