Valentine's Day POPsessions: Romeo Santos Lives Up to His Name
Romeo Santos has more than a sexy name.
The Aventura singer, 32, is sizzling hot right now and is gearing up to release his second solo album, "Formula Volume 2," on Feb. 25. The "king of bachata" caught up with Yahoo as he was shooting his "one of one" Dr Pepper campaign in New York City and dished about his new album, which will be packed with star power.
"We have Drake and Nicki Minaj. Drake had mentioned my group, Aventura, in a song. He said, 'Spanish girls love me like I'm Aventura.' I was like you know what, let's give it a shot and see if he wants to participate in the album," Santos revealed. "I have songs that not only talk about love, but social themes, sad songs. I am just trying to show a lot of diversity on this album."
Romeo Santos in action (John Parra/WireImage)
1. What's your favorite movie to watch on a lonely Valentine's Day?
I never get tired of watching "Titanic." There is something about the theme song. Celine Dion really ripped it on that.
2. Who was your first screen crush?
I have a few. Alyssa Milano from "Who's the Boss?" because she is still beautiful. She doesn't age. That was one of my first.
3. What's the most romantic moment in movie history?
I have to say "Titanic" and "The Notebook."
4. If someone did that "Say Anything" boom box thing outside your window, would you be into it, or call the police?
Sing to me? No, but I would do it. If someone did it to me, I wouldn't call the cops, but I'd probably call my assistant to get rid of them or something.
5. Would you date a vampire if he or she was like, an insanely super babe and totally into you?
I definitely wouldn't date a "he" vampire. I don't know, I guess sometimes you gotta get extra freaky.
6. What romantic role from history do you wish you could play?
I would probably be Romeo from "Romeo and Juliet."
7. What TV breakup still hurts to think about?
I don't know if this is really considered a TV breakup, but I guess the cancellation of the show really broke my heart because it was such a great show. The "Martin" show. I know Gina and Martin had some personal issues, but it was just rumors, and the fact that the show ended because of the issues they were having, I was really disappointed.