November 14 – 20: Former Couple Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Performing Separate AMAs Sets
Nicki Minaj, Drake, Katy Perry, Chris Brown, Kelly Clarkson, Justin Bieber, and Mary J. Blige are among the performers scheduled to hit the stage at the American Music Awards Sunday, but arguably, the most anticipated appearances will come from the recently split power couple Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony, who will be delivering separate sets.
The AMAs talent booker needs to get a nice bonus for this coup. Lopez will be playing a medley of her songs "Unil It Beats No More," "Papi" and "On The Floor" as well as her new collab with will.i.am, "T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever)," according to People. Anthony will reportedly join Pitbull and Lil Jon for their song "Rain Over Me."
The night could get awkward because Lopez's new backup-dancer beau, Casper Smart, may also be performing with her.
But don't expect any fireworks between Lopez and Anthony, who are on amicable terms these days. They have 3-year-old twins together and are partners in several business ventures. Last week, they reunited in Puerto Rico to film their new show, "Q'Via! The Chosen."
Check the links below for more information on this week's stories. We will see you next week for another news round-up.
THIS WEEK'S TOP 5 MUSIC NEWS STORIES
1) Strictly Business —- Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony both scheduled for AMAs set list.
2) Nuttin' But Love —- Diddy and Obama remarks shared at Heavy's funeral.
3) Baby, Baby, Baby, No —- Justin Bieber paternity suit dropped.
4) The Voice -- Adele improving about throat surgery.
5) A Milli -- 19-year-old hip-hop newcomer tops the charts.