What Will Happen in 2012!
Notice it isn't a question. That's because I know stuff. You don't think those big multi-national corporations do anything without a five-year plan in place, do you?
Rest assured, everything is taken care of and will happen according to Clive Davis' plan. As it has for decades. (For a time it was known as The Word of David (Geffen), but Davis took it back.)
Just call me the not-so-amazing Kreskin!
10) Bruce Springsteen Will Once Again Reaffirm Aging Rock Fans' Beliefs in the Enduring Power of Rock 'n' Roll: Bruce Springsteen
9) Van Halen Will Fight Early -- And Often!:
DLR! DLR! DLR! Will Eddie and Alex come together to battle their arch-nemesis, David Lee Roth? Or will the brothers fight each other and leave Dave to distract the crowd? I'm putting my money down on a tour rife with strife! Someone call that $40,000 a month therapist who counseled Metallica and let him know he's back in business!
8) "Best of 2012" Year-End Lists Will Begin Appearing In September:
One of the big advantages of being part of "new media" is knowing stuff before it's known. Who cares who has the most thoughtful summary of the year? It's more important to be first! (Personally, I'm so glad all the new technology is making life so much simpler for us all. Is it making music better or worse? It's making it more!)
7) Pink Floyd Will Be Nominated For A Grammy As "Best New Rock Act, Male Vocal":
The Academy had a legendarily hard time recognizing a heavy metal band, so why shouldn't it get a little forgetful over when 'Pink Floyd' actually formed? As far as the Academy should be concerned, Pink Floyd did release fourteen studio albums in 2011! That's almost as many as Robert Pollard!
6) Jazz Will Continue to Be Ignored By Most Music Consumers:
Sad to say that 2012 will not be the year of the next "Jazz Resurgence." That's not happening until never. Don't get mad at me. I just report on these things. You, dear readers, are the movers and the shakers. If you all collectively go out and purchase "Jazz" instead of "Pop," I will respond accordingly and write entire blogs about Art Tatum, Charles Mingus and Edward L. Wilkerson, Jr. Because the people will have spoken! Otherwise it's another year of RUSH jokes.
5) Aerosmith -- not just Steven Tyler -- Will Be Everywhere Again: Aerosmith
4) Adele Will Finish Up Work On 2013 Release '23': Adele
3) Madonna Will Cause "Controversy" at the Super Bowl: Madonna
2) The World Will End:
Even if it doesn't end, it will just feel like it. Just think another Presidential Election. Bring the popcorn. Just don't give any to the poor. Let them work for it, darling.