Way back in September of 2007 I published a coffee playlist that I still enjoy listening to today. There's been a whole lot of music inspired by what is arguably the world's most loved beverage. I was listening to my coffee songs list recently and noticed that I had left off an important subset in the world of coffee:
Espresso is a concentrated shot made by forcing hot water through finely ground, and highly compacted coffee. It's not a type of coffee bean, but refers to both a brewing method, and a specific drink that can be made with many different types of bean. Espresso is the base ingredient for cappuccinos, lattes, cafe mochas and other drinks, but it can also be imbibed straight up in cute little cups for those who favor strength in their caffeinated drinks.
Most people do not have a true espresso machine at home, so it's usually enjoyed in coffee shops and restaurants. I'm a fan, but I'm a minority as most people opt for American style coffee drinks, lattes, or cappuccinos. An sspresso has a strong coffee flavor that most western palates find overwhelming.
Are you an espresso fan?
If so, be sure to check out these espresso inspired tracks while you enjoy your next cup.
1. Have Another Espresso - Shel Silverstein
2. Expresso Love - Dire Straits
3. Espresso (All Jacked Up) - Todd Rundgren
4. Espresso Por Favor - Tito Puente
5. Audio Espresso - Steven Halpern
6. Espresso Bongo - Ray Davies
7. Espresso - The Honeybuckets
8. Espresso - Mark W Schmidt
9. Espresso Myself - Carol Zimmerman
10. Espresso Logic - Chris Rea
11. Expresso Girl - Texas Slim
12. Expresso Noir - Legendary Pink Dots
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.