Jay-Z and Kanye West's Watch The Throne was one of the best hip-hop albums of 2011 and it ended the summer on a high note. Released in August, the album shows no signs of slowing down. The third track on Watch The Throne, "Ni**as In Paris", is currently the number one rap single in America according to Billboard's Top Rap Songs chart. This is the 22nd week it's been on that chart and it's been in the number one spot for 9 weeks. So Jay-Z and Kanye are indeed, still sitting on the throne.
According to Billboard, the songs in this playlist are the week's most popular rap songs and are ranked by "mainstream, R&B/hip-hop and rhythmic radio airplay audience impressions as measured by Nielsen BDS." So, if you listen to these radio formats, you're intimately familiar with the 10 songs in this playlist.
If you don't listen to these radio formats, you may not be aware of many of these songs, so think of this playlist as a chance to you to check out what the masses are listening to.
Current Top 10 Rap Singles
1. Ni**as In Paris - Kanye West and Jay-Z
2. Make Me Proud - Drake Featuring Nicki Minaj
3. Dance (A$$) - Big Sean Featuring
4. Lotus Flower Bomb - Wale Featuring Miguel
5. The Motto - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
6. Work Out - J Cole
7. Can't Get Enough - J Cole
8. Good Feeling - Flo Rida
9. Rack City - Tyga
10. I Do - Young Jeezy Featuring Jay-Z, Andre 3000
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter