Valentine's Day is 10 short days away, and lovebirds around the world will have a whole day (or at least an evening) filled with chocolate, Champagne and romance. But Valentine's Day is nothing to look forward to for the broken-hearted. If you don't have someone to love, Valentine's Day has a way of constantly reminding you of that fact.
But remember, you're not alone, and what better way to enjoy Valentine's Day then by drowning your sorrow? Alcohol and broken hearts go way back -- they're friends that will never be parted, and no music genre sings the praises of alcohol and heartbreak better than country music.
So if you find yourself sad and lonely this year, get down to your local watering hole, order your favorite drink and enjoy this playlist of great country songs that mix sadness and booze. It may bring a tear to your eye even if you decide not to drink.
What's your favorite country song that mixes alcohol and heartbreak?
Country Songs About Alcohol & Heartbreak
1. There's A Tear In My Beer - Hank Williams
2. Whiskey River - Willie Nelson
3. Drink My Wife Away - David Allan Coe
4. Mr. Bartender - Bradley Gaskin
5. Beer And Bones - John Michael Montgomery
6. Two More Bottles Of Wine - Emmylou Harris
7. Y'all Come Back Saloon - The Oak Ridge Boys
8. She's Acting Single - Gary Stewart
9. Wasted Days And Wasted Nights - Freddy Fender
10. Honky Tonk Man - Dwight Yoakam
11. Domestic, Light and Cold - Dierks Bentley
12. Tonight The Heartache's On Me - Dixie Chicks
13. The Whiskey Ain't Workin' - Travis Tritt
14. I Think I'll Just Stay Here And Drink - Merle Haggard
15. Don't Come Home A Drinkin' (With Lovin' On Your Mind) - Loretta Lynn
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.