Bob Dylan, Framed
Year Experts agree that 2012 was (in their own words) "a pip," "one heckuva year," and, most importantly, "divisible by 4."
Year Experts are the best! Let's look back on some of the big stories of 2012!
- The ladies dominated record sales: Adele, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Carly Rae Jepsen and Katy Perry were all titans. A few of the guys -- notably, Justin Bieber and One Direction -- also racked up big numbers. But nobody cared!
- It was a banner year for videos, but nobody came close to K-Pop phenom PSY, whose "Gangnam Style" vid has now been viewed over a billion times. That's like if everyone in the world watched it for 29 seconds, stopped, and simply walked away!
- In politics, Mr. President Obama won reelection by an incredible 97-3 margin! On the south side of Chicago! Elsewhere, it was closer!
- Back to music! Storied artists like the Rolling Stones and Who launched ambitious tours that made lots of money. Some people stayed home and washed their hair!
- Dance music killed rock 'n' roll! Anyway, we read that somewhere and needed one more bullet point!
Yes, 2012 was a year like few others. Our video choice to wrap it all up is Bob Dylan's "Duquesne Whistle," the bouncy bit of Americana that kicked off his 2012 LP, Tempest. You're sure to enjoy the tune, as well as the bizarre video it generated. It makes no sense at all, but -- hey! -- everybody likes a train song!
Celebrate the new year safely, readers, and join us right here again in 2013, when Framed will be even better! Kind of!
1 -- Fuzzy World is just like our world! Fuzzier, of course.
2 -- "Look, I'm not going to wait around all day for this Quinn fellow."