Dutch house connoisseur Nick van de Wall, a.k.a. Afrojack has taken the DJ world by storm as one of the most prominent names to stand behind the decks. At just 26-years-old, the baby-faced DJ and music producer has made a name for himself in the last few years collaborating with chart-toppers Chris Brown, Pitbull, Ne-Yo, David Guetta (hello, he co-wrote and produced "Titanium"!), Leona Lewis and Queen B herself, Beyonce, along with running his own imprint label, won a Grammy, and still somehow finds the time to DJ at the biggest international events of the year.
But anyone can look up an interview with Afrojack and find out the things that make him a superstar DJ. We wanted to know: what makes Nick tick? Check out our POPsessions below and get to know Afrojack in a whole new way!
1. What was the first movie you saw?
That is a long time ago, probably a Disney film when I was very young.
2. What movie makes you cry?
Wow. I can’t even remember if I’ve cried at a movie. Probably at the "Lion King" or "Bambi." That was heavy as a child.
3. Who is the movie character you wish you could be?
Batman! Because he is just a rich badass who takes out all the bad guys. Or Spiderman, no words needed for this one right?
4. What do you eat/drink while watching a movie in the theater?
Popcorn of course!
5. What’s the TV show you never miss?
Family Guy! Best ever!
6. What TV show would you like to live in?
7. Who is your TV crush?
Pamela Anderson and Rachel from Friends of course!
8. What TV theme song do you still remember the words to?
Friends, but I think everybody knows it.
9. What’s the guiltiest pleasure currently on your DVR?
Not really a guilty pleasure. Just some new episodes of some series.
10. What is your karaoke song?
Whitney Houston – "I Will Always Love You."
11. What is your favorite album?
Nirvana – "Nevermind", probably still one of the best ever.
12. What was your first concert?
I can’t really remember actually. When I was young I went to a lot of different concerts of a lot of different artists. Especially unknown artists, because I liked it.
13. What song was playing during your first kiss?
No songs were played during this event.
14. What website do you visit when no one is watching?
Can I say that here? Probably not!
15. What phone app do you use the most?
Instagram and iTunes, especially iTunes to download some of the latest music.
16. Who is your favorite Tweeter?
Afrojack 24/7 fans! One of my biggest fan out there and supporting me wherever I go.
17. What article of clothing can you not live without?
My jeans!! I wear Dutch brand G-Star and there might be something special coming up very soon.
18. What was on your favorite t-shirt growing up?
Tasmanian Devil from Looney Tunes. Loved the guy when I was young!
19. Did you have a poster of a celeb on your wall as a kid/teen? Who?
20. Have you ever dressed as a celeb for Halloween? Who?
We didn’t celebrate Halloween in Holland unfortunately.
No Halloween? So sad! No matter, you can cheer yourselves up with Afrojack's "The Spark," now available on iTunes.