Justin Bieber hasn't done a major interview in nine months, so there was a lot to discuss during his sit down with The Hollywood Reporter.
Interestingly enough, his manager Scooter Braun provided the answers to the most intriguing questions – Who leaked the photo of Bieber peeing in a bucket? What did he tell former President Bill Clinton after he tagged his picture? or Why on earth does he think Anne Frank could have been a Belieber?
But there's some good quotes from Bieber too, tackling topics of whether or not he acts Black, who he trusts and why he doesn't give a …
Here's our top 10 Bieber revelations:
1) How much did Bieber's so-called friend get paid for selling the video of him peeing into a bucket? $40,000 says Braun.
2) Bieber immediately apologized to Clinton after he defaced his photo. According to Braun, "The moment it came out, Justin called Bill Clinton to say, 'I made a dumb mistake.'"
3) Bieber gets personal, daily inspiration scriptures texted to him from Judah Smith, pastor of Seattle's City Church.
4) He adds some context to that Billboard Music Awards speech when he snapped at the hecklers booing him, arguing that he "should be taken seriously." "'I don't give a f--k what [haters] say.' … I know who I am and what I'm doing in my life and what I've accomplished and continue to accomplish as a performer, as a writer, as an artist, as a person, as a human being. I'm happy with the man I'm becoming."
5) What exactly was Bieber thinking when he wrote, "Hopefully, [Anne Frank] would have been a Belieber" in the Anne Frank House guest book? Braun explains, "At the end [of the museum tour], he felt very connected to [Anne], whose grandmother survived Auschwitz. 'They had just showed him the pictures of movie stars in her room, and they said: 'Maybe you would have been on that wall, Justin. She might have been a fan of yours.' And he was touched by that."
6) Bieber's "One Less Lonely Girl" is an ode to his late superfan Avalanna Routh, who succumbed to cancer at age 6.
7) Oprah Winfrey, Adam Levine, Mark Wahlberg have all reached out to Braun, expressing concern for Bieber's wellbeing. Eminem's manager said the Detroit rapper would be happy to talk to Bieber as well. Drake looks after Bieber like a little brother, always texting Braun when the young singer makes a bad headline. "'I'm calling him right now. I'm about to go in on him,'" Braun says, recalling text messages from Drake.
8) Will Smith once drove to Bieber's house in the middle of the night, got him out of the bed and talked to him for three hours. According to Braun, Bieber said, "'Man, that makes me feel so loved. I woke up, and there's Will Smith, one of, if not the, biggest movie stars on the planet. He took time out of his day for me.'" Bieber and Smith now have weekly calls.
9) Bieber says he only trusts three people. "I trust my mom and dad. I trust Scooter with my career; he's always made sure I'm taken care of. … That's it," he told The Hollywood Reporter.
10) What was L.A. Reid's first impression of Bieber in 2007 when Braun and Usher introduced him to the Island Records staff? "You knew he was a star," says the veteran exec. "I was intrigued by his musical acumen -- being able to play the guitar and the drums and to vocalize as well as he does at such a young age."
A couple quotes from the article even made us chuckle.
1) Bieber showed up to THR interview in a red onsie, really? Prompted the appropriate lead, "If you're a 19-year-old pop star who wants to be seen as an adult artist, it probably is not the best idea to show up to a photo shoot in a onesie."
2) Bieber finally responded to Sharon Osbourne's accusation that he should stop acting black. "I'm very influenced by black culture, but I don't think of it as black or white," he said. "It's not me trying to act or pose in a certain way. It's a lifestyle -- like a suaveness or a swag, per se. But I don't really like to say the word ['swag'] anymore. It's kind of played out."