Word is spreading across the Internet that the first-ever Fyre Festival is a complete disaster. What was supposed to be a three-day, two weekend music festival on a private Bahamian island turned out to be an ill-conceived, likely irreparable waste of time and money for festival organizers and attendees alike.
Promoted as a "luxury" experience, festival-goers spent anywhere from $4,000 to $250,000 on flight and accommodation packages that promised meals and lodging. Music fans were instead given disaster relief tents and cheese sandwiches.
The festival, founded in part by Ja Rule, has been canceled. Empty flights from Miami have been dispatched to "rescue" stranded customers. In the meantime, Twitter is lit up with memes poking fun at the utter failure to launch. Join Billboard Dance in finding the humor in the situation below.
Our hearts go out to those victims of the #fyrefestival massacre pic.twitter.com/yAg5rTGL8E
- DQ (@DuJuan_Daniels) April 28, 2017
"Anybody know time Migos' set is?" #fyrefestival pic.twitter.com/2g3fVdvSGg
- Patti LaHelle (@_maleficentt) April 28, 2017
Please follow #fyrefestival hashtag for Thursday night entertainment pic.twitter.com/5H3z5J4JKO
- Sam Chasse (@samuelchasse) April 28, 2017
Found the masterminds behind the genius #fyrefestival : pic.twitter.com/SG22Veh8qE
- Matthew Sibley (@siblznbitz) April 28, 2017
Crushed it #fyrefestival pic.twitter.com/H7jz41fw3E
- Allison Vatz (@avatz) April 28, 2017
- Mahoney (@DMahoneyphoto) April 28, 2017
Latest scenes at #fyrefestival pic.twitter.com/VPCyZvthaT
- Adam N. Fleming (@AdamNFleming) April 28, 2017
Me going through the #FyreFestival tag. pic.twitter.com/WdM1Qq9kDx
- คlly (@KyloeRens) April 28, 2017
I feel like Jerry from Parks and Rec was responsible for #fyrefestival disaster pic.twitter.com/vk8p9LI0SJ
- aleena -- (@aleenaschwalm) April 28, 2017
Uh oh, looks like Ja Rule has gone into damage control mode: pic.twitter.com/bFMVm3TRlr
- Pixelated Boat (@pixelatedboat) April 28, 2017
this is my favorite interaction i've ever seen #FyreFestival pic.twitter.com/ihEO1HccAe
- rick (@PatMahogna) April 28, 2017