Iconic London nightclub Fabric will now re-open. Let that sink in for a second.
Fabric was closed in September after a government backlash against the fatal overdoses of two 18-year-old patrons. It seemed its fate was sealed when a subsequent hearing did not reinstate the club's license, but organizers credited an outpour of international support with helping change that verdict before the club's scheduled appeal. "Without the strength of your backing this would not have happened," they said in a statement.
The support is strong as ever, and DJs all over the world are cheering. Check out some choice reactions below.
Woooooohoooo!!!! Well done everyone. Finally some good news for a change ❤️@fabriclondon https://t.co/wQuyJAI1yz
- Heidi (@djheidi) November 21, 2016
It would be great to see the same energy (financial and otherwise) for fabric now aimed at other worthy anti-austerity causes
- Pearson Sound (@pearsonsound) November 21, 2016
Amazing amazing amazing news https://t.co/HNRwGxzeia
- Annie Mac (@AnnieMac) November 21, 2016
Some good news on the @fabriclondon situation for you:https://t.co/zVpxmbH7Qw#savefabric
- Plastician (@Plastician) November 18, 2016
Wow! Amazing news. Big love to Fabric. Seems there is still hope for 2016 ------ #saveourculture #savefabric https://t.co/LTnWBB8g31
- Gorgon City (@GorgonCity) November 21, 2016
Fabric! Common sense prevails at last!!
- hamilton (@hamiltonuk) November 21, 2016
Just woke up in ---- to the news about @fabriclondon . Amazing! Incredible effort by everyone involved in #savefabric ----
- DELTΔ HEΔVY (@DeltaHeavyUK) November 21, 2016
Chus & Ceballos
We hope that this is the beginning.... #savefabric https://t.co/n6sSzc2GHe
- Chus & Ceballos (@chusceballos) November 20, 2016
Fabric reopening is a win not just for clubbing culture but against corruption in society. Good on the courts for not being "bent"! ----
- Alexis Raphael (@alexisraphael) November 21, 2016
Fabric - 1, Islington Council - 0
------- Madam X (@DJmadamX) November 21, 2016