Punch, co-president of TDE, took to Instagram to share a lost verse from "Pride" written down on a pad of paper in red ink, which also happens to be the font color of the album title on the cover.
"Niggas wanna post they best Kdot pics cause the album out," he wrote in the caption. "How about this pic I got from Dot of a lost verse for the song PRIDE. Haaaaa. Yea. #stunt"
The lyrics are pretty legible to the naked eye. Here's what appears to be written down:
Pride is my biggest sin
I tride to fight it but I never win
Layin' myself down in the beds I made
Karma is always knockin' with capital K's
It started when I was tossin' my life in the sand (?)
Crossin' the street, momma don't you hold my hand
Time revealing itself my ways are magnified
Same patterns requiring that I never camouflage
Looking at me in shock you found my identity
Asking yourself do I have room 4 empathy
The note ends: "Subject 2 change. But not me."
- The Biggest Surprises on Kendrick Lamar's 'DAMN.'
- 7 Things You Probably Missed on Your First Listen of 'Damn'
- 14 'Damn' Lines You Can Use on Instagram Right Now
More from Complex
- Jimmy Fallon Is a Stylish Jared Kushner in 'SNL' Cold Open
- Future Brings Out Drake, Migos, and Ty Dolla Sign at Coachella
- Everyone Had Something to Say About Cam Newton's Coachella Outfit
- J. Cole Previews New Music in '4 Your Eyez Only' Documentary on HBO
- North Korea's Missile Launch Was a Fail