Aaron Carter wants to make something clear: he's not supporting Donald Trump.
The pop singer pulled his endorsement for the Republican presidential candidate earlier this year, but felt compelled to reiterate his stance in the hours after Trump locked horns with Hillary Clinton in the record-busting second debate.
"No. I'm not supporting Donald Trump anymore," he tweeted.
No. I'm not supporting Donald trump anymore.
- aaroncarter (@aaroncarter) October 11, 2016
Carter's tweet comes after Trump's campaign was damaged by a leaked tape in which he was heard making lewd comments. Carter, however, can't be accused of jumping on the anti-Trump train. The artist officially turned his back on Trump in April, just two months after declaring his support. "I have decided I will not be voting for Donald Trump. I've seen a lot and to ME. it's just something I can't take part in. Too many reasons," Carter wrote at the time.
A chorus of prominent Republicans have turned their back on Trump after the GOP presidential nominee's vulgar comments with former Access Hollywood anchor Billy Bush surfaced last week.
Arnold Schwarzenegger said Saturday that, for the first time since becoming a U.S. citizen in 1983, he won't vote Republican. And John McCain has formally withdrawn his support for Trump's candidacy.
Bruce Springsteen went a step further when he made a bold prediction about Trump's chances in the upcoming election. "He will not win," Springsteen told New Yorker editor David Remnick at New York City's Town Hall.