Kendrick Lamar warned the rap game on April 7 to get their shit together. What started as a precaution turned into a real threat: K. Dot’s got bars on Damn, and y’all rappers better step it up. His rhymes are powerful and poignant on Damn, carrying such substance that if you chose to use these as captions on your IG page you’re guaranteed to get a few likes. After all, Cornrow Kenny’s Damn has been highly anticipated since its announcement, and rap fans have been excited to hear what he decides to address on his fourth go-around.
Before you dive in for yourself, here’s 14 lines that could work for your Instagram right now. Sit down, be humble.
“I don’t do it for the ‘Gram, I do it for Compton”
“If I gotta snuff a pussy ass nigga, I’ma make it look sexy”
“If I gotta go hard on a bitch, I’ma make it look sexy”
“I feel like I’m boxing demons, monsters, false prophets, schemers, sponsors, industry promises, niggas, bitches, honkies, crackers, Compton, church, religion, token Blacks in bondage, lawsuit visits, subpoenas served in concert, fuck your feelings I mean this foreign imposters!”
“I said I’m geeked and I’m fired up, all I want tonight is to just get higher”
“I can’t fake humble just because your ass is insecure”
“My left stroke just went viral”
“Wake up in the morning thinkin’ about money, kick your feet up”
“Last LP I tried to uplift the black artists, but it’s a difference between black artist and wack artist”
"I’ll beat your ass if you jump on my couch”
“If I could smoke fear away I’ll roll that motherfucker up, and then I take two puffs…I’m high now!”
"I'll prolly die from one of these bats and blue badges"
“Laughing to the bank like ah-ha! Flex on swole like ah-ha!”
“God is one funny motherfucker, a true comedian–you gotta love him, you gotta trust him”
- Kendrick Lamar, By The Numbers
- Judging Kendrick Lamar's ‘Damn’ By Its Cover
- The Evolution of Kendrick Lamar’s Cover Art From His First EP to 'Damn'
More from Complex
- It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year: An NBA Playoffs Primer
- Nevada Approved Syringe Vending Machines to Combat the Heroin Crisis
- Wiz Khalifa Celebrates 'Kush & OJ' Seven-Year Anniversary by Dropping Three New Songs
- Former Baltimore Raven and Arizona Cardinal Todd Heap Accidentally Killed His Daughter
- 'We're Radiohead So F--k It': Band Battles Serious Sound Issues at Coachella