In the brave new world of 2017, Netflix doesn’t just make movies, it makes Brad Pitt movies. Today, the streaming service released a full trailer for War Machine — a satirical take on the war in Afghanistan — starring Pitt as General Glenn McMahon, a thinly veiled Stanley McChrystal analog. The satire is written and directed by Animal Kingdom’s David Michôd, and based on the late Michael Hastings’s book The Operators. Tilda Swinton, who also stars in Netflix’s Okja, is also in the cast, alongside Ben Kingsley, Anthony Michael Hall, Topher Grace, Will Poulter, Lakeith Stanfield, Emory Cohen, John Magaro, R.J. Cyler, Alan Ruck, Scoot McNairy, and Meg Tilly. Netflix reportedly paid $30 million for War Machine. You’ll be able to stream it from your couch on May 26.
- Sharon Stone Recorded a Spoken-Word Poem for Maxine Waters and It’s Really Something
- Girls Recap: Too Much History
- Big Little Lies Was, Above All Else, a Commentary on Gender Bias
- Vanderpump Rules Reunion Part One Recap: Lala Bland
- What’s New on Netflix: April 2017